It's been a long time since I was last tagged for a meme, so when my whore tagged me for this one, I decided to oblige (and, well, I don't want a lifetime ban at Delfina, now do I?)
So, since I'm up watching the Anna Nicole coverage (I'm currently sitting less than five miles away from where the hearing is being held -- I know, I'm horrible), I thought I
- I grew up on Long Island, and it takes me about five minutes with a native New Yorker to lapse back into my old accent. It drives Californians crazy. Fortunately, it's a reversible affliction.
- I might be addicted to my Blackberry. I like to pass it all off as work stuff, but the truth is I hate being disconnected from work OR play. The upside of this is that I actually manage to keep in regular contact with my friends when I just can't manage to pick up the phone from home.
- I don't want kids. Ever. I like them just fine (and love playing auntie to my friends' kids), but I just don't want any of my own. I'm getting less grief for it every year. I think people have figured out that can't use the "you still have time" rationale much longer.
- I'm a big believer in reaching out to long-lost friends and have been known to use networking sites like LinkedIn and Reunion.com (but NEVER MySpace!) to reconnect. I have several very special people back in my life this way.
- I was once brainwashed by Home Shopping Network. In a moment of weakness, I found myself tearfully placing an order for a 21-piece set of Wolfgang Puck Bistro Cookware. Little did I know then that I'd actually like some of the pieces better than my uber-heavy All-Clad ones. It ended up being a great purchase, but man, I felt every ounce the sucker while I dialed that 800 number.
I'm not going to tag anyone for this, not least of all because, well, there's not one left to tag. But if you WANT to do this one, go for it and post back in a comment so I can link to ya!